Tuesday 24 May 2011

A bit of homework to do now!


One of the things the Dr told me to do is to buy some Folic Acid. I think I only heard of this in packets of cereals before but I didn’t really know what it does. Apparently, it helps the baby’s spine to develop properly in the womb and you need to take it before conception up to 12 weeks into the pregnancy. According to the NHS website you can also find it in green leafy vegetables, including spinach and watercress, nuts, wholegrain and fruit juice but you need at least 400 micrograms so tablets it is! I don’t really like taking tablets every day because I just forget sometimes. That was one of the reasons I’ve never chosen to take the contraceptive pill in the first place! 

Anyway, on Sunday, I went to the supermarket happy as Larry and was looking for some Folic Acid. It was placed next to the pregnancy tests and ovulation tests, etc. That already made me a bit anxious, especially when I saw the packet I needed to buy... There it was in the cover a lady with (what looked to me) a massive bump! This feels very surreal! I was hoping that someone would wake me up from my dream, but no, it was real life and this is the real me making this decision.

 
Once I’ve got over that, I finally picked up the packet and also I was very tempted to buy a pregnancy test. The thing is, I don’t like wasting money and if I did buy it and it was negative; then it would upset me and stress me out. So I had to stop myself from buying it and decided instead that I will definitely buy one if my period is late this week. Watch this space!








funky baby clothes funky baby toys funky baby funky baby gifts baby gifts

No comments:

Post a Comment