Wednesday 9 November 2011

Oh, my God!

My partner and I were having dinner at our neighbour’s house on Saturday night when out of the blue; he made a passing comment that is going to change our lives forever! He said that when he was working at the Harbourside Market, a few of the traders were talking about babies. One of them touched his shoulder and said to him that he was going to have 2 baby girls next year! I couldn’t believe my ears! I couldn’t believe my partner left it until then to tell me! 

You can imagine my reaction! I was so happy to hear that because it meant that he was giving us some hope. On the Monday, I went to the loo and had some drops of blood which I thought was the start of my period. Within the day, it stopped. I thought that was strange as it happened before but didn’t want to get carried away with this. 

I’ve been so busy working a lot that I didn’t think what time of the month it was either. I also lost my diary where I keep track of the dates of my period. Anyway, I found it yesterday and realised that I was meant to start my period yesterday but nothing happened. All day yesterday I was so tired but I though it must be because I’m getting a cold so I went to bed really early.

So, this morning I thought okay, I’m going to do a pregnancy test but I’m not going to tell my partner just in case it’s another negative one. Luckily, I had a test at home which was given by my friend as she didn’t need it anymore. It was one of the digital ones. I did my business and waited what seemed ages. The sand clock symbol was flashing. Then I saw the word Pregnant and I thought oh, my God! I was shaking! The symbol was still flashing as now I was waiting to see how many weeks I am! It said 2-3 weeks! I couldn’t believe my eyes! It felt like a dream!


I went upstairs where my partner was getting ready to work and showed him the test result. He couldn’t believe it either! He asked: is it accurate? I said yes, more than 99%! He was as shocked as me and we both started laughing and hugged each other. We kept on looking at it to see if it changed but it didn’t so I took this picture to show you. 

I tell you what, if it is twin girls as that guy predicted, then he is definitely something special!




funky baby clothes funky baby toys funky baby funky baby gifts baby gifts

No comments:

Post a Comment