Wednesday 31 August 2011

New life

Don't get too excited about the title, it isn't a baby! Auntie Flo (AF) visited again on the day when we moved house from Bristol to Gloucester. She is getting a reputation for always arriving at the best of times... I am glad in a way because it wasn't ideal to be pregnant when you had to lift furniture and boxes in very heavy rain!

I've been so busy with all that and also re-fitting and decorating the shop that I wasn't even thinking about conception! I let my hair down (as they say) and started being myself again, drinking alcohol if I wanted and eating all the foods I'm not supposed to eat. I even stopped taking the folic acid tablets from time to time.

Now we are starting to settle in our new house, still loads of unpacking to do and loads of things to buy. It is not the best time to conceive as you can imagine. Furthermore, my partner promised me that we would have a cat as soon as we have a house.

In the past, I was looking forward to have a cat but now I'm not too keen in having an extra responsibility. It's not that I can't look after it but the problem is that they cost money, not just the food and pet insurance but also they scratch furniture and carpets. Also, I don't like the idea of having a litter tray, a cat flap or let the cat out all the time as we are hardly at home.

On the other hand, I do love cats (as they are so so cute and independent). Maybe this is just what I need to chill out more and let things happen at home... What do you reckon? Watch this space, at this rate, I might have a cat before I even have a baby!




funky baby clothes funky baby toys funky baby funky baby gifts baby gifts

No comments:

Post a Comment