Thursday 8 December 2011

Oh, no!

I was very looking forward to meet my midwife for the first time but just the day before my appointment, I started bleeding! It was heavier than before, what looked like the beginning of my period. I’ve got scared obviously so I’ve phoned the Dr and they told me to advise my midwife the next day.

Luckily the bleeding became lighter by then but I still mentioned it to her. I also felt that my ovaries were swollen so I was a bit concerned. She immediately phoned the Early Pregnancy Unit at the Gloucester Hospital and sent me straight there for a scan. 

I had to catch a taxi and get there in half an hour! I was alone as my partner was working and I didn’t want to scare him unnecessarily. Anyway, I’ve got to the Women Centre and waited, waited and waited for 2 hours! 

They told me to drink fluids as I needed a full bladder for the scan. I was bursting by then but finally went for a scan. I was expecting the worst news to be honest.  The sonographer took what seemed ages and the monitor was not facing me so I couldn’t see anything. I was just praying for everything to be okay. 

Then it happened, she turned the monitor to my side and said ‘this is your baby and that is the heartbeat. It seems like everything is okay, according to the measurements you should be 7 weeks today’. I was so relieved! I could almost cry! There is a 5 days difference with my dates but they said they will confirm the due date on my dating scan. 

Then I’ve asked if there was just one baby as there are twins in my family but they said there is just one baby. I asked them to print me a picture and they looked at me as if I was crazy as it is so small and doesn’t even look like a baby yet! They did it but they’ve put the picture in an envelope and asked me not to show it outside in the waiting room as not everyone get good news. I felt overwhelmed with emotion. 

I left the hospital shaking. My partner didn’t even know I was there! I’ve phoned him and he was so glad to hear the good news! I said my thanks to God internally and considered myself so lucky! I took a picture with my phone and e-mailed it to my family and my partner. Have a look at my little seed. I love it already!  





funky baby clothes funky baby toys funky baby funky baby gifts baby gifts

No comments:

Post a Comment