Tuesday 15 November 2011

So, what next?

I needed to tell my Dr about my pregnancy. The only problem was that I was still registered in Bristol but now that I have moved to Gloucester, I had to change GP’s. To be honest, it is an inconvenience for me to do this because I work from Bristol everyday and by the time I get home, most Dr’s surgeries are shut! 

Another thing, if I need to attend appointments, it will be very difficult for me to do that without disrupting the shop’s opening hours and making my colleagues at the market aware that something is going on...

Anyway, I managed to get registered closer to home and had my first appointment last night. It was a bit of a waste of time to be honest as he told me everything I already knew from reading online information. He said 'don’t eat soft cheese or speciality cheese, take folic acid, don’t drink alcohol, don’t smoke, don’t pick up cat’s litter' and that’s pretty much it. He said that I needed to make an appointment with the midwife and that she will deal with everything ‘maternal’. 

I don't know what I was expecting really, maybe some examination or tests but nothing else! (a nice prize like some flowers would have been nice also!). I feel so proud of my pregnancy but he probably listened to so many women in the same situation! 

The most important thing he said is that the baby’s due date would be around 20th July 2012. He’s done this calculation based on a 28 day cycle but mine varies. We shall see... 

So, after all that excitement in the end, I will see the midwife for the first time on 07th December 2011 and apparently the first appointment will last 45 minutes. I’m very looking forward to it but not sure what to expect yet. 

Is there any advice you can offer me? Although, thinking about it, by the time this blog is published I would be 12 weeks at least!




funky baby clothes funky baby toys funky baby funky baby gifts baby gifts

No comments:

Post a Comment