Tuesday 3 January 2012

Surprise!

On New Year’s Day we drove from Gloucester to Hull to visit my partner’s family. We were both looking forward to this trip a lot as I haven’t seen them in a year! Only my partner’s mum knows that I am pregnant but she hasn’t told anyone yet. Apparently she has been carrying the picture of my early scan in her purse all this time! Bless her! 

So the plan was that we go and see my partner’s Grandmother and tell her the news at lunch time. My partner couldn’t wait until then so after a few greetings and deserved cuppa, he gave her a picture of early scan saying ‘this is for you, guess what it is’. She opened it and immediately realised what it was. She was very happy and congratulated us. She is now going to be a Great-grandmother for the first time! You can imagine our conversation in the restaurant afterwards, it was all about babies! 

I am still waiting for the letter for my dating scan. I am 11 weeks + 2 days (according to the first day of my last period) so I couldn't offer them anything else to look at unfortunately. We don't go to see them very often so we couldn't wait until 12 weeks to tell them the news.

Anyway, we had a lovely time in the restaurant and then we went to see my partner’s Nana and Granddad who we were going to stay with. Similar things happened; my partner showed a picture of the early scan to his granddad first who knew exactly what it was but didn’t say anything. Then he showed it to his nana but she couldn’t tell what it was! Bless her! After my partner explained it, they were both really happy. They already have a great-grandson but they are looking forward to meeting the new one soon!

My partner is the only male descendant on both sides of his family so we decided that our baby will carry both surnames in honour to both families. It will be great if the baby is a boy so he can carry on the family name even further but if it’s a girl, then at least the name lasted for another generation and we made them very happy with this gesture.

 








They are all getting very old already and we can see that their health is deteriorating all the time. I just really hope they are still alive when the baby is born so they can meet him/her. When we left them the next day to come back home, my hormones overreacted and I’ve cried for a bit.They are very lovely and I really want them to be in this world for a really long time.



funky baby clothes funky baby toys funky baby funky baby gifts baby gifts

No comments:

Post a Comment