Friday 25 November 2011

Scary

My partner has got a new job so we went to celebrate on Thursday to Harvey Nichols. Just before I finished working in the shop, I went to the loo and noticed some pink spotting. I did worry a bit but thought that I needed to see if it carried on. So when we were in the restaurant, I went to the loo again and it was light brown spotting now. Then, I went again and it stopped. The next day the same happened, on and off. 

I told my partner about it and he was worried but because it kept on stopping, we didn’t think there was much of a concern. On Friday, I went online (http://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/antenatalhealth/physicalhealth/vaginalspottingorbleeding/) and checked if it was okay or normal. 

Luckily I found lots of sites which explain that 1 in 4 women get some spotting during early pregnancy. It said that as long as it is not heavy red with clots and sharp pains, then there is nothing to worry about. There are plenty of reasons why spotting may occur during pregnancy so that was a relief.

I can’t just go to my Dr anytime, I have got a business to look after and by the time I get to Gloucester, the Dr's are closed.  I haven’t even met my midwife yet! The way I see it (and as cold as it sounds) is that if it was bad news (miscarriage), there was nothing that I could have done to prevent it from happening. 

That night I met my pregnant friend for a coffee and told her about it. She was worried for me and told me if it gets heavier, then to go to a hospital. Luckily the spotting stopped that night. I slept much better then and also started feeling really hungry all the time, I think it was my baby telling me he is sticking there. 

This made me think that it could all be over very soon and that there are so many risks in any pregnancy. I don’t like the uncertainty at this stage; I just want everything to be okay. I’ve seen lots of women dropping off the forum because bad things happened, I don’t want that to happen to me so I am keeping positive and making sure that I look after myself and my baby the best I can.




funky baby clothes funky baby toys funky baby funky baby gifts baby gifts

No comments:

Post a Comment