Tuesday 17 January 2012

The waiting game

After I bled last Friday, the red blood turned into dark brown but it was there on and off every single day. When is it going to stop? In the meantime, I had my letter about my dating scan. It was booked for Tues 17/01 at 8.30am. Luckily my partner will be with me. Let’s hope everything goes well. For once, I would like to have a scan when I’m not bleeding! 

I started to feel terrified the closer I’ve got to that date. I was very anxious because I wanted my baby to be okay. The day before, I read more stories on different websites about dark brown discharge and they were all positive which cheered me up. You can find some here http://www.babycenter.com/400_brown-discharge-during-9-weeks-of-pregnancy_865192_276.bc

The day finally arrived but we were late because we’ve got stuck in traffic! Luckily another lady was willing to see me, otherwise we had to re-schedule it! I drank half a litre of water as I was told to do and just on time when I was going to burst, we were called in. 

 

Baby was very active, turning around a lot, moving his legs, arms and whole body! It was like a little fish swimming away. We did get some pictures this time. I told the sonographer that I was still spotting and everything that happened before. She checked my womb and said that there are some fibroids there but these are benign. Baby was 13 weeks + 6 days. The due date is 18/07/12!

The sonographer wasn’t very friendly at all, especially towards my partner. She almost ignored him. Never mind, at least that bit was done. I then had to give a urine sample and have my blood’s taken. Luckily this lady was lovely. 

We were very happy at the end of it. I made sure I took some photos with my mobile so I was able to e-mail them to my family and make the news public. We’ve put it on Facebook, Twitter & Netmums! Everyone was very happy for us and I never had such a great response from people, even from our Koolmami fans, who are fantastic! 

We kept on looking at the scan photos a lot, even when we went to sleep. It is so nice to be able to see the baby again!




funky baby clothes funky baby toys funky baby funky baby gifts baby gifts

No comments:

Post a Comment